Feel Good Veggie Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 inch chunk ginger, grated or minced
- 1 large onion or leek, finely diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped leeks
- 2 1/2 cups kale, chopped
- 6 cups chicken bone broth or veggie broth homemade or store-bought
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
- Optional: 3 cups kale or spinach
- Optional: 3 cups rotisserie chicken
- Optional: parsley, for garnish
In your dutch oven heat oil and garlic for 1 minute.
Add in onions and/or leeks, carrots, ginger, and celery, let cook for 5 minutes- stirring often.
Add in chopped kale and let cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Add in broth and spices.
Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Add optional kale, spinach, or chicken then let simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
Taste and adjust spices as desired.
If the ginger, garlic, and turmeric made the flavors stronger than you desire, add additional bone broth or water.