Ravioli & Vegetable Soup
Recipe By: Lowther Tribe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 dried basil or marjoram
- 9 ounces fresh or frozen meat ravioli, preferably whole wheat
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 1 cup onion
- 2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 tablespoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounce can vegetable stock
Heat oil in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat.
Add pepper, onion and crushed red pepper (if using) and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, stock, water and basil (or marjoram), bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
Add ravioli and cook for 3 minutes less than the package directions. Add zucchini, return to a boil.
Cook until the zucchini is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Season with pepper.