Seasonal Minestrone Soup
Recipe By: food babe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 pound asparagus stalks, ends trimmed and diced
- 1 leek, sliced thin
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 1 zucchini, ends trimmed and diced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 11⁄2 cups cooked lima beans
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat.
Add the asparagus, leek, fennel bulb and zucchini.
Cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients except the lemon juice.
Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
Take off the heat and stir in the lemon juice.