1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until softened. Slowly add one and a half cups of the confectioner sugar. Beat in the mint extract and food coloring until well blended. Add the remaining confectioner sugar 1/4 cup at a time until a soft dough is formed.
2. Turn onto the counter or board dusted with confectioner sugar and knead the dough for five minutes. Add more confectioner sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, if the dough is too soft and sticky.
3. With your hands, roll tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls. Then roll each fall into superfine sugar. Flatten the balls slightly into patties.
4. The sugared mint balls can also be pressed into candy molds. The coding of superfine sugar will allow them to release easily from the molds. Adjust the amount of Joe used for each meant according to the shape and size of the mold you choose.
5. Store the mints in layers, separated by wax paper, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.