Easy Old Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- VANILLA STRAWBERRIES
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) 35% cream
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries, whole or cut into wedges for garnish
Preheat oven to 325F
Add eggs, vanilla, milk, and butter to food processor and mix.
Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to food processor. Mix.
Line a springform pan with parchment. Butter the sides.
Add batter to the pan.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool for ten minutes