1) set oven to 320 degrees
2) cut strings off roast, lightly salt w Tony’s. Season thoroughly w northern Mediterranean seasoning and black pepper seasoning.
2) Brown roast w cast iron skillet on medium heat (~5 on stove setting)
3) Combine 2 Lipton French onion packets with 2 cups of water while roast is browning.
4) when roast is browned on all sides, move cast iron pot to counter near sink. Mix Lipton French onion mix, and pour over roast (move onion chunks into liquid)
5) Cover roast w/ cast iron lid and place in oven for 2 hours.
6) after 2 hours, take pot out of the oven, remove lid and flip the roast so that the side that has been submerged in liquid is now facing up.
7) Place potatoes and carrots into the liquid mix surrounding the roast. Return pot to the oven, uncovered, and let cook for 45 minutes.