Egg Roll In A Bowl
Recipe By: https://wholenewmom.com/recipes/egg-roll-in-a-bowl/?print
- 9 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 1/2 c shredded carrot
- 2 med onions, finely chopped / minced
- 1 1/2 T sesame oil. Use another oil for AIP
- 1 1/2 t ginger (powdered)
- 1/2 t black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp garlic granules (or 4 cloves garlic) (see how to make Homemade Garlic Powder)
- 1 1/2 t salt (I use Real Salt)
- 1/16 tsp stevia extract (or 4 T other sweetener) optional
- 1/2 T crushed red pepper (optional. Omit for AIP.)
- 2 T white wine (omit or substitute more broth for AIP.)
- 1/3 cup beef broth (see Homemade Broth Tips)
- 4 tsp tamari, liquid aminos, soy sauce, or coconut aminos or to taste
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef (or ground or finely chopped chicken). Pork can be used as well. Omit for vegan or for a vegetable side.
- Green onion for garnish (optional)
Place meat in large pan and cook until browned.
On medium high heat, add the onions and sesame oil. Cook until lightly browned.
Reduce heat to medium.
Add spices, sweetener, red pepper, wine, and broth to the pan and stir well.
Add the cabbage and stir to coat.
Cook, stirring frequently until the cabbage slightly wilts.
Add carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
Add tamari to taste and adjust flavorings as desired.
Serve plain or over rice or cauliflower rice.
Garnish with green onions if desired.