Egg Roll In A Bowl
Recipe By: https://wholenewmom.com/recipes/egg-roll-in-a-bowl/?print
- 9 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1 1/2 c shredded carrot
- 1 1/2 T sesame oil. Use another oil for AIP
- 1 1/2 t ginger (powdered)
- 1/2 t black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp garlic granules (or 4 cloves garlic) (see how to make Homemade Garlic Powder)
- 1 1/2 t salt (I use Real Salt)
- 1/16 tsp stevia extract (or 4 T other sweetener) optional
- 1/2 T crushed red pepper (optional. Omit for AIP.)
- 1/3 cup beef broth (see Homemade Broth Tips)
- 4 tsp tamari, liquid aminos, soy sauce, or coconut aminos or to taste
- 1 lb ground beef (or ground or finely chopped chicken). Pork can be used as well. Omit for vegan or for a vegetable side.
- Shrimp, optional
- 4 eggs, scrambled in a separate bowl
Place meat in large pan and cook until browned.
Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
Add spices, sweetener, red pepper, and broth to the pan and stir well.
Add the cabbage and stir to coat.
Cook, stirring frequently until the cabbage slightly wilts.
Add carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
Make a space in the middle and add the eggs. After they are cooked, mix throughout.
Add tamari to taste and adjust flavorings as desired.