Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 1 package long grain and wild rice mix, prepared
- 1 TBSP oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp tarragon, crushed
- 1/4 tsp thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 TBSP cornstarch
Cook chicken, mushrooms, onions, and garlic in oil.
Add rice, broth, and spices.
Combine small amount of evaporated milk and cornstarch, stir until smooth.
Add to saucepan with the rest of the milk, cook.
Stir for 3-5 minutes until thickened.
Garnish with green onions.