Couscous Tomato And Rocket Salad
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed / chopped
- 2 cups ( 400 gram) couscous
- 40 gr butter chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- 100 gram baby rocket chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Heat oil in small pan and cook onion and garlic until soft.
Combine the couscous, butter, salt and 2 cups of boiling water in a bowl and stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
Just before serving combine couscous in a bowl with onion mixture, chopped tomatoes, pin nuts, rocket, herbs, rind. Season to taste. Add combined oil and juice , toss gently.